Sunday, July 4, 2010

Bright Wasn't Right

I love brights, but they weren't right for Helen's quilt. I'm happy with this sashing fabric, will be happier yet with pretty quilting on it. Thanks, Steph, for your help. And yes, Nora has another pair of socks.

And I have a resolution: this is the last dyeing I'll do without measuring precisely and keeping a journal with swatches. I usually have a good idea of what I want and know how to get there, like a little surprise, and am content with one-time results. But the time has come to be able to replicate. I use just a few dye colors and mix from there. I think a loose-leaf binder with sheet protectors would be good, or index cards with swatches on the back.

Just finished a work project - Martha Pullen headband. I'm looking forward to using the scraps from the white wing needle background fabric, the thought of that kept me going. I recently got a clear piping foot and liked using it for this project.

Last night Steph, Mike, Nora, Aaron, and I went to Fort Thomas for their fireworks, or "the boom in the sky" as the kids call it. Those are my hands over Aaron's ears - he thought that helped with the noise.

Happy Fourth, everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right. Before it was the border and, by the way, the quilt. Now it's the quilt and, by the way, a lovely border.
Great call!!!!

Steph