Thursday, July 29, 2010

Carefree

My young neighbor across the street has a birthday today, she's sixteen. Her friends visited last night and decorated her yard. It strikes me as such a carefree thing, to have as top priority to stay up late at night and carry out a surprise like this. I think I need more carefree in my life. Her birthday plans include being at the Drivers License Bureau at noon, when the written testing starts, so she can have her learner's permit just as quickly as possible.

Below is the accessory bag that goes with the Martha Pullen laptop cozy. It's 6" x 10", lined with gingham and soft with batting, large enough for a mouse and peripheral cables. I had just enough lime green piping, left over from some other project, to finish the little bag.


I really like piping and the clear piping foot is one of my favorites. (I know, I say that about every foot.) Good thing I like it because my current project, a carry-all bag calls for 220" of piping. That's more than 6 yards and just doesn't sound right. I thought about doing some preliminary measuring to see if that requirement is correct but decided against it. If I don't need that much, I'll have extra luscious handmade piping that will be just right for something else.

If you like pretty handmade things, check out my friend Holly's new blog . Holly is a wonderfully creative and talented quilter and sewer and her latest post has some ever-so-pretty baby things. I can't wait to see what she'll post next.

No comments: