Saturday, July 10, 2010

Gifts

How could I not love this gift? A box of 24 spools of Robison Anton thread, my favorite, with no duplicates of what I already have? 24 spools!!! A real treasure, and what fun to add them to my thread shelves.

It's been a tired past couple of days, and I'm in the mood for little projects, so I made these little gift-ies. The tops to the pincushions have been on my sewing table for ages and really just took a few minutes to finish. The bib is from a new Anita Goodesign collection, done entirely in the hoop in no time at all. I can combine the bib and any name in my software. This one was for Baylee, the babe across the street.

And this was a birthday postcard. I don't even remember how I did the bird fabric, but it looks like I might have dipped a pencil eraser in bleach. We'll say that's what happened anyway.


I have a new exhaust system that I didn't expect when I started out to the fabric store this morning. I had just left, going slow in the parking lot, when the tail pipe broke, leaving the converter dragging along. Mike, bless him, wired it up with a coat hanger so I could get to the Car-X across the street. I am grateful for Mike, grateful that I wasn't on the interstate, grateful that it's fixed. Grateful that the converter didn't need to be replaced and it was a reasonably inexpensive fix.

No comments: