Sunday, April 26, 2009

Things I'm So Grateful For

A beautiful girly four-year-old grandgirl with a scab on her nose. And our discussion this afternoon about why I call her my grandgirl.


Lunch at the Whole Foods Co-Op, from the salad bar. Steph asked what I'd had and I'm not really sure, other than tabouli and spinach-strawberry salad. I chose mixed salads that I'd never had before.

This in-between day, between spring and summer. Hard to believe that it's 86 degrees this evening. And the pedicure I got today, signaling for me the end of cool weather and the beginning of true warmth. Knowing that it's still April and it may well frost again. I love my red-tipped toes. And my open windows.

Another sign of warmer weather: this morning at 8 a.m. marked the end of the Fountain Square Flower Carpet, this year designed to look like a butterfly. It began April 7 and featured primarily pansies, a lovely gift of color during the month that started out cold.


My generous neighbor, who mowed my yard, which was way past needing it. And trimmed it, too. I am so grateful.

A Boca Burger that Mike cooked on the grill, making it far superior to the microwaved ones. I'll probably never own another grill and so appreciated this treat.

No fever today, although it popped up again last night and sent me to bed so early for a long sleep.

A church service of the kind we have, celebrating the Easter season. Lots of singing that I enjoy even though I don't sing. The hymn, "How can we be silent, when we know our God is near," will be sung throughout the season, starting with just a refrain and adding verses each week. I enjoy the ritual of turning on the fan under my wallhanging to symbolize the wind of the spirit.

Nora's quiet delight at the rabbit I got her last weekend. It's a variation of a flip doll, with a rabbit in a delightful long dress. When you flip the skirt over its head, there is another rabbit in a beautiful long dress.

Aaron's conversations, which are increasing every day. I am grateful for this engaging little boy with what is now a large vocabulary for a child his age.

The promise of being in the studio in the morning.

No comments: