Thursday, April 2, 2009

Stole Finished

Tonight it's thundering and lightening and we're supposed to have thunderstorms all night. Ok with me, I love storms, especially spring storms.

The pastor at church was ordained a couple of months ago and one of the members asked if I'd make a stole. The red lining has little messages fused and zig zagged, attributres that members appreciate in the pastor.

I made the lining for that day and put off finishing the rest, first because members had a chance to add things for a couple of Sundays and then because I was a little puzzled about how to do the back. I didn't have a pattern, and the back needed a little tweaking. Sometimes when I'm not sure how to do something I have a tendency to put it off. Then the longer I put it off the bigger the project gets in my head.


I guess I shouldn't have waited so long because I forgot to mirror image one of the peace doves and when I finished the sewing and turned the stole inside out one of the doves was facing the outside. Good thing I had extra fabric to do another panel. The back part looks good, and now I have a pattern if I want to do another one.

I stopped at Steph and Mike's after running an errand near their neighborhood. Steph was watching the ER fanale and Nora was playing with her dolls, lining them up and covering them with a blanket.

I asked her if I could take a picture and she said she wanted to take a picture too. She got her mom's camera, and that four-year-old really can take pictures. Nice clear ones, and she knows how to set the camera to review them.

Aaron was outside when I came. I put him in my truck and he said, "I drive truck" and told me good-bye as he pretended to drive away. He loved the game and was most unhappy about having to give it up. He has perfected the limp body tantrum and it wasn't easy to get him in the house.


I love those kids.




No comments: