Thursday, April 2, 2009

Friday Fill-In # 118

Here are this week's Friday Fill-Ins. Answers are in bold.

1. Angel or not, I will soar. I've never liked it, though, when people call me an angel. It just doesn't seem to fit.

2. You can't have me any way you want me, but I might decide I want to do some of what you suggest. It's my decision, though.

3. As my mother used to say, you're full of hmmm, don't know, my mother wasn't much for phrases. My mother-in-law used to say the grandkids were full of beans when they were high energy.

4. I almost always feel really good after I'm done working out or doing something strenuous. Why, then, is it so hard to motivate myself to work out? There's got to be a lazy factor going on.

5. Even in the most crowded of rooms, there's room for a flower and hopefully for a friend.

6. A day when there's shooting in a place full of people is a day fraught with peril. And terror. Does it seem to be more and more common?

And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to dinner with Steph's family for an early celebration of her birthday - her birthday is actually Saturday, but this is for the kids - Nora said she should have a strawberry cake with pink icing, a strawberry on top, and five candles, tomorrow my plans include having Nora and Aaron over at my house while there is a noisy karoke birthday party going on at theirs, and Sunday I want to help Sandra put the little jungle ruffle on her baby quilt.

Happy Friday, everyone.

11 comments:

Marites said...

I always like your answers, there's always some stories to know:) I feel the same way with #1.

Bellezza said...

My mother in law said her kids were full of piss and vinegar. I think it would almost be better to be full of beans! Have a good weekend, especially with strawberry cake. YUM!

Jack said...

I have to agree with Nora... strawberry cake with pink icing sounds delightful!

Have a great weekend :)

sally906 said...

Strawberry cake with pink icing sounds yummy :)

Ozzy's Mom said...

strawberry cake + pink icing sounds yummy. have a fun weekend.

Yvonne said...

I know what you mean about exercising. I have to force myself, but afterwards I'm always glad I did it.

Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes... The lazy factor. I'm personally acquainted with it!

Have a great weekend :-)

Anonymous said...

Full of Beans was one of my grandmother's expressions too.
Good point on #6, it does seem to be happening more often.
Enjoy your weekend.

Paula said...

I would like the answer to number 4 myself

Anonymous said...

I totally fell in love with your number five! I love flowers and I absolutely agree that there is room for friendship anywhere, given that you extend a hand.

I played too. sceHave a fantastic Karaoke party! Those are my favorite!

Diana_CT said...

I love your answer for #5, a flower and a friend does brighten up a room.