Thursday, April 23, 2009

Resurfacing

Feels good to be resurfacing again, having flashes of feeling normal. I am rarely flat-out sick for long and am lucky to pop up again quickly. Thanks to everyone who wrote wishing me well.

I missed Earth Day, so I'll do a quick, late tribute. The plaque below appears on Fountain Square in Cincinnati and features a few lines of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's "Catawba Wine."


"And this song of the vine,

This greeting of mine,

The winds and the birds still deliver

To the queen of the west,

In her garlands dressed,

On the banks of this beautiful river."

I hope you celebrated in your own way. And I hope you look at the website http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=products.pr_tax_credits to ponder over the energy-saving tax credits that are available as part of the economic stimulus package. Year before last I took advantage of tax credits for new windows, new front door, and some insulation. This year I'm planning on adding more insulation.

Peace, everyone.

No comments: