Thursday, November 8, 2007

Hearts, Hearts

I wanted a little quilt with hearts and dots for a wall grouping so I made this one. It's 9" x 11".


I loved working with the shimmery well-behaved verigated Madeira thread (the free motion stitching, not the blue loops.) I wondered where I got it, what kind of mood I was in that day, whether I got other things or just that. I probably bought it because it was so beautiful that I couldn't imagine not using it one day. I know I admired it in my thread storage from time to time and it always made me feel happy.
One day when Steph and I were shopping I got the heart picture. The little picture frame came from the dollar store in the Newport Plaza.


Usually I'm not a heart person, but I liked how these looked together so I found a heart wall hanging that I did for a class a few years ago and put it on another wall near by. In its other life it lived in my apartment bedroom and people who came for tours often took a close look.


It was a good time for a good cause, but I'm glad people don't tour my space these days.



No comments: