Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Wednesday, September 5, 2007



I've started this small quilt for Aaron's wall. When I started out I was just putting together a background to get myself going but it was so pretty and green, just like his wall, that I decided to make it for him. The picture on top is the background glue-sticked to the non-sticky side of Sulky Self-Adhesive Stabilizer - once the release sheet is peeled off it sticks to the batting. The picture on the bottom has tulle added, ready for stitching. Once the stitching is finished, I'll cut the tulle away from the letters and other fused pieces.
Working on this quilt was a good excuse to go to The Beadery in Bellevue to get some sparkles to add to it. I loved the little area of shops and plan to go back for apple pie at one restaurant and candy at Schneiders. I'd just baked brownies before I left today. I took some to the neighbors - yesterday they came home to find a ladder and siding pieces in their driveway and this morning the pounding started early.

No comments: