Monday, September 3, 2007

September 3, 2007





I did go to the fireworks after all. Helen called me (thanks, Helen) and I went with her and her friend and her friend's daughter. I'd never been there and just couldn't resist. We parked a very long ways away, but it was perfect because we got a good walk and because afterwards we were able to get right out and onto 471.


On the way down we walked down Park Avenue in the historic district. The houses were pretty and we saw lots of good landscaping. Neighbors were having parties and playing corn hole seemed to be a party requirement.


We sat on the rocks in front of the main building on Newport on the Levee. It was the last area to fill up because it was so rocky. It wasn't especially comfortable but we were right in the middle of the fireworks display. They shot them off a barge in the river and the two bridges on either side of us. It was so loud that we got to hear only some of the music. During the grand finale the noise was incredible and seemed to be booming through my body. I thought that it was a bigger show than Thunder of Louisville, but I'm sure the two cities argue about that.

Today Steph, Nora, and I went to Home Depot to get paint for Nora's room. The crib is down, and her mattress is in place, along with her pretty curtains, rug, and bedding. The paint is pink and orange - it's going to be a lively room. I found a couple of small up-lighting lamps for my living room which should add the light I need without being obtrusive. We went to Chick Fill A for lunch and Nora had a great time in the play land

On the way home I stopped at Hancock Fabrics for some iron-on stabilizer. They were having a sale on notions and scissors, 50% off. I got the Clover needle threader that I've been lusting over ever since it came out and a great pair of scissors. And some really cool threads, and sewing machine needles. And I didn't forget the stabilizer.


No comments: