Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Nora rode her tricycle like a champ tonight and as she pedaled up the driveway she said, "Aunt Sarah would be so proud." Absolutely correct, Nora. Sarah got the tricycle for Nora last summer and it looked huge then.







Years ago, probably about 12, I made a baby quilt with little rabbits on striped and blue fabrics. I hand quilted the center but didn't know how to quilt the borders so that they would stay flat and without puckers. Now I know that the walking foot is the way to go, and last week I finished the quilt.



When I bought my sewing machine the lady who ran the store told me that since the machine has a sensor foot that adapts to the thickness of the material I wouldn't need a walking foot. I'm glad I disregarded that advice because the walking foot is still needed.

Twelve years ago I had no idea that (1) it would take so long to finish that quilt, and (2) that I'd have a little grandboy to cover with it.



No comments: