Saturday, August 24, 2024

Celebrating


This Saturday I'm celebrating the first day without an eye doctor visit after nine days in a row.  That's a lot for this doctor phobe.  Maybe the Universe is presenting me with a kind of immersive therapy.  

But all is well, and the weather has been a treat, (although we're back to the 90's for the next week.)  And I hope you heard my governor speak at the convention.  

Following one of the appointments my daughter and I ended up in Hillsboro, Ohio, and we had lunch at a delightful restaurant called The Porch.  For the spaghetti squash they halved the squash and fluffed the "spaghetti" instead of removing it from the squash.  Then they topped it with a thick marinara and shaved parmesan. They said that since their squash were small that day, they gave me two halves instead of one.

I can't even tell you how good it was.  And now I'm going to have to plant spaghetti squash next summer.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I always loved spaghetti squash when I was on the special diet.