Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Pretty Trimmings


My studio trash can looks lovely this week with trimmings of many pretty batiks.  I am enjoying the crispness of the fabrics as I iron them.  As for seeing the project, which is completed - not until the weekend.

Normally, I'm not a batik sewer, I like the softness of other fabrics.  But for this project, they are perfect.

Nora and her mom are coming for a quick dinner tonight, after I pick up Nora to meet her mom for their hair appointments.  Salmon, in the cooking bag, prepared at the seafood counter.  I'm a convert.  And roasted tiny potatoes and Brussels sprouts.  Corn for Nora, who isn't a Brussels sprouts fan.

And so, this morning, grocery shopping, which I've put off for too long.  And today, an embroidery project, names on tiny onesies.




1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I had Salmon once--while on a visit to California friends.
The woman who made our dinner (advertising executive) used a full pound of butter
to make the butter sauce to go over the salmon. I ate my serving and someone else's serving.
Would have licked the plates if the company hadn't been so "fancy".

And the company, the house etc was VERY FANCY. the bathroom off the kitchen had been painted in the "fool the eye" style (forgetting the French words) and G kept going in to just stand there. It was so well done that you actually thought you could walk thru the walls.

And they had a gardener who transplanted vegetables into the garden when the owner called to say they would be up for the weekend. Plants with perfect eggplant. Perfect tomatoes. Ready to pick.
It was like something you'd expect for the Queen of France. Fantasy Life.