Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Pink Baby Quilt


This sweet baby quilt was pieced by Joanne from wonderful little prints.  And then, she added gold in the sashings.  I would not have thought to use that color, but it works so well.  She is so good with color.

There are 176 little blocks!  To show them off, I just quilted in the ditch around them and they popped right out.  I am not a good border quilter, so I just extended the quilting to the edges.  That works well and ensures that the sashings lie nice and flat.  The backing is pink with random white dots.

I enjoy the concept of colaborative quilting.  I enjoy quilting and thinking about how even though its snowy in my Kentucky world, it's surely more snowy in Joanne's Maine world.  I enjoy thinking about how she said she was making soup for dinner.  How she knows so much about gardening. 

Joanne sent another pretty top, this one in green.  I'll make that quilt sandwich today.  And I'll be thinking about her generosity in making a quilt for a teeny baby in a different state.  I'll think about how, in our divided country, we need more Joanne's pulling us together. 

No comments: