Friday, January 19, 2018

And Then There Was Green


Just finished quilting Joanne's second baby quilt for the NICU and I am so excited.  Sometimes things work out the way they are supposed to.  This quilt has a lot of quilting, and when it is washed (they do that at the hospital) there will be a lot of dimension.  I was just telling Joanne that her quilts fit right in with our group's quilts.  I love the way she used 30's style fabrics for the piecing and inner border and the modern dots in her outer border.

When Joanne sent her quilts to me, at different times, the weather was still warm, maybe even very warm.  It took me awhile to get to them.  As I look over the past year, I can see that I was in an anxious state of mind, allowing myself to be too influenced by the political drama.  Sometimes I'd read the news again and again during the day.  I couldn't seem to get past that anxiety.  My sewing and my gardening suffered.

My doctor just advised me to not read the news every day, that it would still be there.  I don't think I want to go that far, but I'm trying to just read it once a day.  Or maybe twice.  There is a balance between good mental health and being an informed citizen.  I'll figure it out.

As I do that figuring out, you'll may see various projects that I half-heartedly began and then set aside.  I see five in my studio right now.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I watch MSNBC (but only a few of the hosts-others get off the point), Lester Holt and the PBS Newshour.
But not all day as I was during the renovation when Trump was new. Now I just hope voters put on their smart hats instead of the tinfoil ones.

I didn't watch ANY news yesterday. Read the morning paper and that's it.
Today I am trying for the same.