Saturday, November 25, 2017

Sunny Day



The view outside the window at LaRosa's today.  Kind of combination of summer and Christmas.  And pretty and sunny.  For those of you who aren't from this area, LaRosa's is a local Italian restaurant with LOTS of locations.  And canned sauce in the grocery stores.  My salad and calzone were so good.

I hadn't planned for it, but the day was so pretty that I did my last lawn mowing of the season.  (Surely, it will be the last.)  I could use a few more warm afternoons for general yard cleaning, but the mowing is the biggest thing.  The thought of a few months without mowing sounds so luxurious.

My husband used to delight in calling his Michigan relatives to tell them that he was mowing the grass for the last time while they were shoveling snow.

After some figuring it out, my outside lights are lit.  I used to just run an extension cord out of the garage, but I got a new garage door last winter and the seal is so nice that I didn't want to do that.  I got one of those hardware store gadgets that you can screw in place of a light bulb.  It has an outlet for plugging things in.  Not perfect, but it works and I am happy. 

No comments: