Monday, November 6, 2017

Scrap Baby Quilt


Finally, a baby quilt.  Most of the scraps are leftover scraps of binding, those 2 1/4" strips.  Just pulled randomly from my scrap tub.  If you make this, I recommend using the walking foot for piecing these long pieces.  I like the look of piecing the ends together on the bias, but it wouldn't have to be that way.

Last week Joann had binding by the yard at 60% off, plus an extra 25% off coupon.  I wanted an entire roll, which they didn't have in the battings that I like.  So, I have a roll of a batting that I haven't used before, Toasty Cotton by Fairfield.  I'm hoping for the best.  There are a lot of quilts in that roll, starting with the pretty pink top that came in he mail from Joanne (not the store) this past week.

These past warm days have been glorious.  I've done quite a bit of yard work, front yard only though.  It had been looking pretty sad.  Halloween night was the cold and rainy night during the week.  Three Trick or Treater's came to my door.  Only three.

Last night the warm weather disappeared.  I woke briefly to hear the weather alert on my phone and saw lightning, but I'm a good sleeper and couldn't be bothered.  This morning my heavy wheeled trash cans were tipped over and the air is chilly.

I am drawn to putting up my big Christmas tree with lights only, so that's what I'll do.  I live by myself, so I can do what I want.  It seems part of an energy that I have been missing.  I welcome it back. 



No comments: