Saturday, August 20, 2016

Thinking About My Dad


Thinking about my dad today.  He loved football, rarely missed a high school or college game when he was retired.  He would be so proud of these two, shown here with their dad.  My dad had three granddaughters and was super proud of them.  No grandsons.  Aaron is the first boy in the mix.

And no,by the way, Aaron hasn't caught up with Nora yet.  They were standing on a slope.  For now, he just keeps up with her.  One of these days she will have a growth spurt and leave him behind, but only for a little while.

I am used to softball/baseball games, which have rain delays and make-up games.  Not so football.  When it rains, as long as there is no thunder or lightning, they play on.  My feet were squishing in my shoes by the end of the day, and Nora's were many times worse.  I was under an umbrella, she just had her helmet for protection.




No comments: