Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween

I do have some Halloween pictures, of course, but I got a new computer this week and have not yet figured out how to upload blog pictures.  It should be easy.  It is easy, I'm sure.  I just need to work with it.


So, in the meantime, Happy Halloween.  So far, it's raining and tonight there may be snow flurries.  I have six bags of candy bars, because I'm hopeful, but I have a feeling that there will probably be less than ten trick or treaters. 


The computer story:  the mother board went out of my seven year old laptop.  I was dismayed, of course.  I wasn't prepared to buy a new computer, both financially or in terms of research.  So, I purchased a former business lease computer.  It has Windows 7, so there was little learning curve, except for those pictures.  And the nice guy at the computer store in Alexandria was able to back up all my files to my external drive.  I have Microsoft Works and my embroidery software loaded on the new computer.  I'm all set.     

No comments: