Thursday, September 4, 2014

Charm-ing Baby Quilt


I had some kid shorts to return at WalMart and couldn't resist looking in the fabric section. Sometimes there are some pre-cuts that look ok, and I did like two bright charm packs.  When I went to piece them, they weren't the same size by just under 1/4",  I didn't bother measuring to see the actual sizes.  The smart thing to do would have been to cut down the larger one, but I just tried to adjust in the piecing.  Not wise at all, don't be me.


I don't know why I had this Angelina Ballerina fabric in my stash, probably did get it on sale for a baby quilt since there was just the right amount.  I washed the quilt just so I could see how much the Fusi-Boo batting puffs up.  There is a nice little puff, maybe not quite as much as a cotton batting, but nice.  Soft.

I want to clean my basement, it definitely needs some attention.  Once I do that, I can put together a couple of resin tables for making the quilt sandwiches.  I can either iron or spray baste on them.  Maybe that will be my motivation to do the cleaning.     

No comments: