Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Baby Quilt


I have a feeling that several of us from our baby quilt group are finishing our quilts today so they can be ready for the meeting tomorrow.  Usually, they'd be due the first meeting of next month, but we wanted to get our Christmas quilts to the hospital.  The design comes from the Inspired Modern Quilts class at Craftsy.

I find that I'm liking the new 30-wt Sulky Blendables with the very subtile color changes.  Perfect for simple quilting, like the zig zag block outlines on this quilt. 


Carrye and I went to Cabin Arts last week and I got the lovely tree-and-star fabric above for my quilt background.  It doesn't match at all, I must have just talked myself into the idea that it did because I loved it so much.  I guess it will be for another day.

I ended up piecing these three fabrics togther so I'd have enough for a backing, and I like that look.  I'm finished!

No comments: