Saturday, July 14, 2012

Trees Gone

I've had two large maple trees in my back yard.  They'd been topped in years past (not by me) and this spring half of one of them was dead.  Both were removed this week, with access help from my neighbors, one of whom let a truck back in over her yard and one of whom let a truck back into his driveway.  Now all that remains are two piles of sawdust.  No more holding my breath when it storms.  Now comes the fun part - deciding what to do with a sunny back yard.

The whole thing cost a lot less than I thought it would so I did the honorable thing and used some of the savings for new shoes.  New walking shoes, plus cushioned Nike flip flops and sandals.  Hmmm, wonder which I should wear to work today.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this story!
Sarah