Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mythology Reveal


Joanne and I are following along with Twelve by Twelve, making a 12" x 20" quilt every few months in the topic chosen by the group.  The topic this time is Mythology, and I thought of sea creatures, then the Loch Ness Monster, supposedly sighted in Scotland several times years ago, and now considered a myth. 

The creature is said to have a large flat body with a long tail.  In this quilt, it has come up for a "sighting" and is now disappearing back into the lake, into the mist.  Quilt is made with commercial cotton fabrics, finished with machine embroidery and free motion quilting.

Head on over to Joanne's blog to look at her quilt.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

You DID make one. Everyone has such good Myths. I feel like I real loser this time!

I like your pile of scraps!!! LOL

This is quite different from your usual work and I like it.
Good transitions between the aqua and the blue.

Thank you for the comment on my piece. I think next time I will try inserting a zipper. Way back in the construction everything was brown and dark and that open seam in the middle was a bright blue. I just couldn't get the browns to "perk" up so I started taking stuff off and putting stuff on. Finally, when I added the three X's--it worked.