Monday, July 30, 2012

Art After Hours

After several days without internet, who knows why, and complaining about it mightily, I'm back in business.  Maybe it was the storm, or maybe it just was.
  
Friday night was Art After Hours at one of the local libraries, and my friend Carrye and I were the fiber artists.  The coordinator of the show did a fabulous job of getting the show up and going - the library closes at 6 on Friday and the show started at 7:00.  Above, the two men who hung our quilts in very quick fashion.
The two quilts on the left are Carrye's.

Above is Carrye in front of her wonderful quilt, plus my four.  Besides artists, the show had live music, appetizers, and wine samplers.
Carrye's quilts plus two of mine, in front of shelves of books.


My crazy quilt is one of two that my mother started and I finished.  People liked looking at the necktie pieces and my mother's wonderful hand embroidery.  This quilt has gold stitching - the other has blue and was my sister's Christmas gift last Christmas.

No comments: