Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ten Thousand Villages

TEmbroidery on a striped throw. It wasn't supposed to look quite like this but I had an adventure with the embroidery and had to applique the snowman bodies. Still, not bad for a rescue.

I decided to look for Ten Thousand Villages when I picked up Sarah's race packet and I was surprised that it was right next door. I don't know how I missed it last year.

Ten Thousand Villages is an outreach of my church, although we're pretty quiet about the connection.

Here's some information about the logo from the web site:

Our logo represents the values we want to invest in the name Ten Thousand Villages. The continuous line of rooftops reminds us we are all linked together as we live on this earth. The light in the doors and windows reminds us of homes of people with whom we work in many villages. The warm red color and hand-etched edge represent the materials and methods used to make the quality handicrafts we sell. Multiply the village idea by ten thousand and it represents the world we’re working to build. We invite you to join us in making this vision a reality.


This store and the one in Asheville are especially pretty.

Obviously, I got a good parking spot.


This is a good place to Christmas shop. Nice things and a good cause. If you're not lucky enough to have one in your city, there's a website too.

No comments: