Sunday, July 28, 2024

Press on Monmouth

 

Steph and I had a nice Sunday bunch at Press on Monmouth, a nice  little cafe close to home.  Just close enough that sometimes I drive right by and forget that it's a good place to eat.

It looks like my salad is gigantic compared to Steph's avocado toast, I didn't take a very good picture.  Her avocado toast was quite wonderfully portioned.

I ordered the Press Breakfast Salad because I couldn't figure out how the ingredients would taste together:  mixed greens, blueberry, granola, bacon, egg, cheddar, maple vinaigrette.  (No bacon for me.)  In face, the combination was wonderful.

A little Sunday shopping completed our afternoon.  Nothing to report.

I'm going to be a more regular customer, it's just my kind of place.  Lots of vegetarian options  Reasonable prices.  Close to home.  Take out too.

We sat by the window and admired the big vacant lot across the street, soon to be vacant no more.  There will be two hotels, office space, and a parking garage.

And as we were looking out, it rained, really rained.  No watering tonight

No comments: