Thursday, July 4, 2024

Happy July 4


Many years ago, probably fifteen, watching The Boom in the Sky with Aaron.  "Protecting" his ears so he could enjoy the fireworks.

And so, happy July 4 to everyone.

I've been quiet - and busy seeing eye doctors.  The shunt in my eye opened as planned, but it's been working too well,  Instead of helping the fluid drain a little it's been overproducing and helping the fluid drain a lot.  I've had several injections of new fluid or gel that all too quickly drain away.

There will probably a surgery on Monday to tie off the shunt and give the eye more time to heal.

People are saying to me, "I could never get a shot in my eye."  You could, and it doesn't hurt.  I'm very grateful to my doctor and to all the others covering on weekends and holidays and surgery days.

No comments: