Thursday, July 25, 2024

Anniversary

 


My church will be celebrating a 50th anniversary in October and a friend and I will be doing to collaboration banner.  The theme is "Our Life Flows On."

Our only instructions were that it be big, so big it will be.  To make it more manageable it will consist of individual blocks, although a few of the blocks will be combined.  

And so, I pieced a couple of rows on another wall hanging I'm working on and went through the steps to change the sewing machine to embroidery.  I'll embroider on a few of the blocks then switch back to sewing for a few days.

I have a pattern sketched out but I know we'll make some changes as we go.  And there will be some additions. 

It feels good to  be in a creative mode, combined with a more tech-y mode in using the embroidery software.  It's been a while for that, other than embroidering a name here and there.


No comments: