Sunday, December 10, 2017

Vintage Ornaments


Do you remember having these Shiny Brite ornaments long ago?  And, do you remember that, no matter how careful you were, once in a while your finger would poke through the delicate glass?  Or, was that only me?

I've seen ads this year for those molded candles like my mother had.  Santa, angels, reindeer.  Never lit, just treasured.

I've fallen into a hole these past couple of days, but this is not the season for it.  So, a few things on my list for today.  I've been using Steven Covey's Big Rocks, Medium Rocks, Small Rocks plan recently and that's a good plan for me.  

If I just make a list, I tend to pick out the things I like instead of the things that are timely or important.  Actually separating out what needs to be done is helpful.  Along with still doing some of those things that I like!


1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I have a few boxes of these-collected at Goodwill. but mostly in the scratched worn golds and silvers. A few in pale blue and pink. they go on the tree every year and some fall and break gently on the wood floor. It gets harder and harder to find them--yours are quite wonderful. Treasure them , my friend!

G has your troubles. He falls into a hole and nothing makes him happy. I often suggest a list. Even adding "get out of bed before 10am" to the list. He is being treated for depression but I wonder if he needs a bigger dose in the Winter? He has to snowplow the driveway today--if we are ever getting out of here to go to the grocery. Neighbor's drive is clean and dry already.