Tuesday, December 19, 2017

That View . . .



The Baby Quilt Group had lunch yesterday at the home of one of the members.  I love, love to go to her home and look at her view.  In all seasons.  The houses and buildings in the front are in Kentucky and the taller buildings in back are in Cincinnati.

It was lovely to sit with these women for awhile.  And so fun to pick out fabrics donated by the family of a quilter.  A quilter with a huge and beautiful stash.  I tried to stick with fabrics in a similar color palette.  There are some generous people in this world.

I wonder whether Amazon is getting tired of me ordering those last little things, a bit of this and that.  Probably not.  I think that many of the items come from the warehouse close to the airport, not far from here. 


2 comments:

Joanne S said...

I may be the last person in the USA to have never ordered anything from Amazon.
what is your experience? Do you also get Amazon Prime for your TV?
Let me know--I'm thinking of switching from Netflix.

I once donated an entire car trunk of bags of fabric to Project Linus in Portland.
The two women who came to collect were stunned. They had intended to
have a give away--but once they saw what they were getting.....they decided
to use it on "making" days. I'm hopeful they made many many beautiful quilts
with that lovely fabric

Anonymous said...

That is a great view!
-Sarah