Friday, May 12, 2017

Muffins With Mom



Muffins With Mom this morning at Aaron's school.  I've been looking forward to this all week, and not because of the muffins.  I told Aaron I was the oldest mom there but he politely found a couple of other grandmothers as the event went on.


Rosie Red and Gapper were there too, although Aaron informed me that these weren't the REAL ones.  Pretty darn close.

The guidelines of food, according to me, is that protein should be eaten with carbs, so I nibbled at the muffins and stopped for an Egg McMuffin on the way home.  Without the Canadian bacon and with half of the cheese scraped off.  I am a little worried about all that sugar for the kids, but I guess they will be ok.

And now, on to the sewing jobs I'm behind on.  I felt bad about a late evening phone call asking whether a hem was ready because the owner wants to wear the garment this weekend.  I am behind on everything!  (But, I didn't know she wanted it this weekend.)

All week, the first line of the hymn running through my head is, "My life flows on in endless song."  And, the verse ends, "Since love is Lord of heaven and earth, how can I keep from singing."

Not that I'm a singer, I'm not.  But you get the idea. 

No comments: