Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Bookshelves


This worship banner will hang at church during Lent.  Services are based around words and books, and members were asked to bring favorite books for a display in front of the church.  The bowl on the top holds folded papers.  During Lenten services members can write hopes, concerns, and prayers and leave them with the books.

I'm thinking that on Palm Sunday I'll add a glass with a palm frond on that top shelf beside the bowl.  My first thought was to make a separate Palm Sunday banner but I think that the single frond will work just as well and will carry through the theme.

I have to admit that I haven't brought my book yet, maybe this Sunday.  I'll take The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron.  I've carried with me the basic ideas in that book for many years.  The artist's dates Cameron suggests are the hard concept for me to carry out, but I'm trying to be conscientious about that.  If you're a creative type, or want to be, and haven't yet read this book, give it a try.


No comments: