Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Here She Is


Here she is, the pretty Garden Snow Lady, complete with raffia and crystals.  She was fun to embroider and went together easily.  Anita Goodesign.  She's going to work tomorrow.

It's been a busy and happy week.  After my gym time this morning, I had a flash, just a flash, of what an enjoyable habit it used to be to go to Seabury Gym, back in my pre-Ecovillage Berea days.  Maybe soon the flash will become a little more.  I did try two new machines today.

The gym I'm going to is like a gym warehouse.  Lots of cardiac machines, all lined up, and some weight machines, all lined up.  It used to be a Sears Hardware, about a mile from home.  I'm finding that I really like the "stoplight room," where you use the step box for a minute, then go to a machine, then back to the step box for another minute.

One of my goals for the year was to have my Christmas cards ready before Thanksgiving.  Which is in a week.  Not one card is ready yet. 

One of my Thanksgiving Day pleasurers is listening to Splendid Table on NPR.  Questions are as simple as, "How do you make mashed potatoes?" and as complex as "How do you cook turducken?"  And through all the questions, the host is so gracious, even when someone calls and says they just got their turkey out of the freezer.   

1 comment:

Jenni Pugh said...

During Homecoming weekend, I noticed Seabury has upgraded their gyms! So fancy! New floors, t.v.s everywhere. Oh, the luxury..