Monday, June 17, 2013

Ten Minute Button


Just got back from getting that little sticker for my license plate - No Concealed Weapons, No Smoking, No Food or Drink.  And today, no waiting.  Just a REALLY large check, since we pay personal property taxes on vehicles in Kentucky.  I checked my drivers license and it doesn't expire this year, so one check will do it this time.  That office is half a mile from the County Clerk's office.

Down the street, I got some running socks for Sarah and mailed Ariel's birthday gift.  And I'm wondering . . . how could I have lived here for six years and never noticed that free ten-minute button on the parking meters until last week?  I used them three times this afternoon.

Still thinking about county offices . . .the trivia about Campbell County is that it's so large that it has two county seats, one on the north side in Newport and one on the south side in Alexandria.  Apparently, when they set up these things, the rule was that the county seat had to be within a day's round trip by horse.

No comments: