Sunday, June 23, 2013

Cousins


I always admire large families with lots of cousins.  They just look so much fun.  Not that I'm not grateful for my small, precious family.

So, it was an amazing week to see my nephew Steve and his wife Janie and their almost-grown children, not one, but twice.  Once on Monday night at Kings Island, with Steph and her family.  A few rides and a little visiting.  Leaving the park just as the lights were coming on.

Then again, on Friday, at Gatlinburg.  A quick meet-up at the Smoky Mountain Brewery, where we had dinner and Steve and Janie's family went on to CiCi's, a family favorite.  Sarah and Winnie and Winnie's dad were with us that time. 

I should tell you that Steve and Janie live in Marquette, Michigan, which is way, way up there.  They came down this way for a family vacation and we were lucky to meet up with them at two of their stops.  We just happened to be camping in the Smokies when they visited Gatlinburg.

Above is Sarah with Steve at the Brewery.  Sarah is a tall woman, but Steve towers over her.

Two great times, meeting not at funerals, as cousins often do, but in fun places.  Like I said, it was amazing.    

No comments: