Saturday, May 4, 2013

Remembrances


Iris from a church friend, hosta from a neighbor, shared plants are the best.

The best from my uncle's funeral yesterday:  seeing family.  Meeting formerly-tiny Milena and admiring my aunt in a pretty light-turquoise suit.  Seeing my sister and niece in a rare visit.  And all my uncle's grandkids.

I took notes and wrote them on my program, which has since disappeared, so I'll try to remember a few things.  Remembered quote from my uncle:  "Be as creative as you know how to be."  And another, sometimes spoken in Swiss, "The bird sings a different song today," in reference to change. 

Spoken remembrances:  "He was always busy."  "He didn't speak mean words about anyone."  "He shared his art."

My uncle was 91 years old and the church was packed.  Obviously, his friends were not only his cohort and his family.

***Thanks to Diana for posting this link to a copy of Gregg's speech. 
http://www.blufftonicon.com/news/2013/05/04/darvin-luginbuhl-four-irrefutable-facts

 

No comments: