Thursday, May 16, 2013

Last Bit


I'm working on the last bit of piecing, looking forward to making a few circles today, then putting the quilt together tomorrow.  I don't have a plan about how it will all work, just trusting that it will come together like it should.  I have to admit that I'm looking at all those bright colors and feeling just a little nervous, but I did want those brights, after all.

Nora after practice last night:  "I love softball."  She heard one of the girls say, "She's really a good hitter," and the coach waved the outfielders back when she came to bat.  She was proud that one of the knees on her long shorts had a big grass stain and the other had a spot of blood from fielding adventures.  I'm so delighted that this little academic-oriented girl has a team sport that she really enjoys.

After practice we walked to the concession stand for icy drinks, then picked up pizza and salad from Gramma's Pizza, which has really awesome cheese pizza.  It's located right across the street from the road leading to the ball fields, great location for them. 

Things to be grateful for today:  waking up early to bird sounds, that my computer had security software added during the night, stumbling on to a new simple quilt pattern that I love.  That I have all that mulch in my back yard. 



No comments: