Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pretty in Pink


I'm working on another quilt using the new Viking  Circular Attachment.  I have to admit that it's quite a tool!  Since my first quilt I've done a little research and have learned two simple steps that give really good-looking results.  First, use a tear-away stabilizer on the back.  For lots of circles, it's easy to iron on a fusible tear-away that just stays throughout the piecing.  And, use a table to support your work.

It just so happens that I don't have a table for my Diamond, only for my smaller machine, so I kept on the embroidery unit and stacked some books behind the machine.  And, I mentally added a table to my list of wants.  Along with a single hole needle plate.  I always have a list!

I'm using a very light verigated thread for the free motion and wish I'd chosen a darker color, even if I couldn't find it in verigated.  This is ok, though, in areas where I've travel stitched several times over a line of stitching it has a wispy look that I kind of like.   My goal for today is to finish the background quilting, then move on to working in the yard.  It's the season.

No comments: