Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Two and a Ticket

Two journal quilts, both Viking designs. I wanted to try out the design done on pink because it looked like it would be great for a little bag. The free motion embroidery on the pink one, toward the edges, was done with Sulky 60-weight PolyLite, my new favorite. The higher the number, the thinner the thread, and I like the way the 60 looks. Most of the lighter threads I've seen are cotton but my machine isn't a fan of cotton thread for free motion. This Sulky works wonderfully for me.


Tucked in with the little quilts is a baseball ticket from the game last night. My friend Ginger got tickets from work, really good seats in the first row of the upper deck, right behind home plate. It was a chilly evening, 44 degrees by the time we left. I wasn't tempted to have a beer, which I usually love at the ball park, just because it was so cold. The game was a good time, cold or not, wining or not (not!)


This afternoon's game is in the afternoon, so I'll be sewing and listening. NPR is fine during the winter, but I love to sew and listen to the ball games once spring comes. I have a birthday present to make, a set of napkins and a trivet in pretty, summery fabric.

No comments: