Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Aboretum

For us, no Asheville visit is complete without going to the North Carolina Arboretum, where Sarah and Winnie both work. Above is a tiny bonsai, from the outdoor bonsai garden, blooming for spring.


The quilt garden has been recently planted for the season and will be filling in quickly.

I love this gate, with a view of the mountains. There are little bird and animal tracks on the flat parts. We took a long hike along the trails leading away from the aboretum and into the Piscah National Forest.


Lunch one day was at Tupelo Honey South, with the same great food but a different feel than the one downtown. I love them both.


There was the yummiest birthday cake ever for Steph, from Short Street Cakes. How can they make a cake taste that good? Candles around the outside spelled out "Happy Birthday."


This week I'm having my usual Smoky Mountain/Asheville withdrawal. A few more days should have me back to my normal happiness space but it always takes me those few days back to find it.









No comments: