Monday, April 2, 2012

The Big Game

One of my friends said that her husband tapes his North Carolina team's games and watches them later, after he knows the score, so he can enjoy the game without the stress. Sounds funny, and yet . . . here I am, paying attention to the computer during the BIG game because it's just too hard to watch. I REALLY want Kentucky to win. On some level, I know it's just a game but I don't really believe it. All us Kentucky fans over a certain age remember that Duke/Kentucky game and it was just a game too.

A little humor, though: one of my West Virginia friends posted on facebook that "in West Virginia we've been burning couches for years." I'd like to think, as a Student Affairs person, that there will be some productive conversations about this at UK.

But, instead of watching the game, let's look at Aaron, being all happy with the skateboarding helmet from Aunt Sarah. He uses it for bike riding and is pretty pleased with it.


And let's look at Nora, all happy at Steak 'n Shake, sitting across from Aunt Tina. I can't believe how much that girl has grown up in first grade. It was quite awhile after her softball game, but she loves that uniform.

No comments: