Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Not talking About It

We're not talking about what this serger project was supposed to be, because it isn't. What it will be is a batik pad for a rectangular casserole. (It actually is nicely squared, with two layers of batting.) And the knowledge that the chainstitch won't be replacing machine quilting for me any time soon.

Setting up the serger for a chainstitch/coverstitch is always a good exercise though. Lots of steps coming and going. The only thing that was really challenging was that the screw for the throat plate was really tight, which led to my usual dilema, which way does the screw go? The righty-tighty, lefty-loosy advice does nothing for me. Nothing at all. I can visualize that working either way.

So, I went to the internet and learned that the screw should go counterclockwise to loosen. Now that makes sense to me and I got a longer handled screwdriver and all was well. Am I the only person who had to research how to loosen a screw?

No comments: