Saturday, May 28, 2011

For some time, I've been thinking about volunteer opportunities I might enjoy. True, I do church things: lead a journey group, serve on a committee, make workship banners. I post the pictures from quilt guild meetings. I wanted something outside of that, though.

So, when I got the chance to join a group that makes baby quilts for preemies at a local hospital, I really wanted to do that. A little of the work is done with the group at the local library and the finishing is on our own. Quilting is what I do, and this combines a little quilting and a little socializing. Perfect.

Last meeting I got a happy start on my first quilt, then had to put it aside to finish the Eden Park quilt. This was a busy week, no quilting, but this morning I finished the top. Lime green, turquoise, orange, and ladybugs. Some family's going to get a bright quilt.

No comments: