Wednesday, April 6, 2011

One Block at a Time

Heard at the Newpost Post Office - there were two contractors behind me in line: "What are you working on?" "I'm gutting a house, even the stairway. It really needed it." "It's quite a change here over thirty years ago." "Yeah, like my dad used to say, Newport's getting better, one house at a time."

The quilt above is getting bigger, one block at a time, about to outgrow the design wall. And it's getting a little bratty. My original plan was to have a quilt large enough to cover an awkward window in the living room. I have a new curtain there now and I'm happy with it, so the quilt will look nice on the dining room wall.


My goal for April was to make as many blocks as I could and then finish the quilt. But the quilt is saying that it wants to be BIG. I don't often do "big" but, like I said, this quilt has its own mind. So my adjusted goal is to do a block a day during April and May and we'll see what things look like then.


In the meantime, it needs to come off the design wall because other things are ready to go on.

No comments: