Saturday, March 16, 2024

Bookcase

 


Not my art.  The art on top of the bookcase was made by a friend and I've enjoyed it for the last many years.  Make more art, Janelle!  You're amazing.

There was a visitation this morning for a long time family friend.  When my husband died - 28 years ago - she and her husband made the two-hour trip to bring my older daughter home.  One of those things you don't forget.

And her daughter - hosted the rehearsal dinner for my older daughter's wedding.  Another of those things you don't forget.

And her grandson took my very young grandchildren fishing in the lake behind his house.

One of my former co-workers from the sewing machine store came to the visitation.  An example of different paths crossing.  

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

One never forgets the loving kindness of those who touch our lives...
I recall sitting in a funeral home sobbing when my friend Beverly died....
I didn't know till that happened that I loved her that much and would miss her to this day.