Monday, October 26, 2020

Visual Field - Done

I had the very dreaded visual field test at the eye doctor this afternoon.  The results were stable, which is good.  I think everyone who takes that test dreads it.  It doesn't hurt, just press the clicker whenever you see a flashing light.  Nothing hard about it, just the idea of not doing well, although if you miss a light the machine will go back and try again.  

Anyway, I don't have to go back for four months and then for only a pressure check.  By then it will be late February and I will be looking forward to spring.

They had the most amazing temperature check machine at the eye doctor.  Step in front of it, and then your temperature reads on the screen.  No other person involved.

In "normal" times I would have rewarded myself with a trip to Joann Fabrics, which is just down the road from the eye doctor.  But, these are not normal times, and I'm avoiding the stores.  Anyway, I'm getting spoiled at the nice fabric at my local fabric store.

For the kitten quilt, I have some lovely fat quarters that my sister gifted me, a whole box full, she really spoiled me.  They are a bit more "old fashioned" than I usually use, lovely, small prints, and they are just right for the kittens.

But, tonight, I'm just going to put on pajama pants and go to bed with a book.  The most recent book from my online library is actually good.  The past several, I didn't even read all the way through.  Just not worth sticking with.  

Return to Virgin River by Robyn Carr.  It's the most recent of a series but it's a good stand-alone book too.  It has just enough reference to earlier books that I feel like I'm meeting old friends.

No comments: