Tuesday, October 27, 2020

And Then. And Then.


Meet Bacon Bits, the next little kitten.

I had a lazy afternoon and evening.  I think I was worn out from the eye doctor yesterday and the tests there.

And because then, when I changed the thread on the quilter early this morning, something went wrong and the needle struck the bobbin case.  I must have not had the bobbin in right, although it clicked so I thought it was ok.

Then, the bobbin case was stuck, really stuck, finally came loose.  Then I realized the upper threading wasn't quite right.  Then, I put in a new needle since that seemed like a reasonable thing to do, and I got it in backwards.  The quilter needles aren't like regular sewing machine needles, they are round all the way around.  And then, I needed to adjust the needle rotation just a little to get the timing right.

Thank goodness for the internet to help me out.  I just tried a quick sample and things are as they should be but it was nerve-wracking.

I just found out that Nora will need a Halloween outfit for their Saturday band showcase and I'm pretty excited to get to help with that.  I miss Halloween costumes for the grands. 

One week until the election.  1786 positive Covid cases in Kentucky today.

So, I am doing the honorable thing tonight and drinking a Braxton Storm beer that I found in my refrigerator.  And it is delicious. 

2 comments:

Joanne S said...

OH, I have done the exact same thing so many times. I absolutely hate working with the bobbin case and have lodged a needle into it more times than I can recall. It takes SO LONG to get it all straight again.
I say very very bad words.

Angie said...

That sounds like the perfect way to end a frustrating day. :)