Sunday, October 15, 2017

Random


If it's fall, then it must be time for hockey.  The Cyclones lost in overtime in their opening game, but it was a good time.  A hockey crowd is a fun crowd to watch.

Tomorrow is baby quilt group, but I don't have a quilt ready.  Once again.  Sigh.  I have one half pieced, but I don't even like it.  

It seems as if I'm struggling lately to finish most things.  I heard the term "political fatigue" last week, and I'm self diagnosing myself with that.

But, good news, my class yesterday went well, most people got close to finishing their project and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.  I do enjoy teaching, both the preparation and the actual class.

I was happy this morning to get an email for a friend, asking me to stop at the fabric store close to my church and see if they have a replacement bulb for her Ott light.  I've been avoiding the fabric store, but if I go for a friend, then suddenly I have a purpose.  A reason to be there.  With a little extra money left over in my weekly budget for . . . whatever!

The Bengals are off today, so it will be a fun football day, watching to see how the other games shake out.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I have been struggling to 'get something done" and I think it's because my sewing machine is still in time out in the office. One of the things is a top for your baby group. Needs a thin inner border and then the outer one--and DONE. Well, on my side. You'd need quilting and binding.

I, too, enjoy teaching. That SHOULD have been my profession.

We are trying NOT to watch too much political news. I find the customers at the greenhouse
are fatigued and depressed by it as well. This is a Red State and I don't hear anything from the Red side.
But I do hear mournful comments from non Trump customers. My son cautions me to keep my views to myself as that Red faction is not stable. I could be in danger. Wow. That set me back a bit.

Well, my coffee is ready and I have a nice bagel to toast. I was weighed at my doctor's visit and the stress of the renovation and summer visits to Dairy Queen have added up to a 20 pound weight gain. So, I am slowly trying to wean myself away from brownie four packs from the bakery and ice cream from the freezer at work. Both items have a wonderful CALMING effect on me.

Today-- another pot of tomato soup from the final batch of garden tomatoes for G. For me--A good clean out of the fridge-- in the kitchen and porch. I want them both empty and sparkling. I may have a veggie something with avocado while we watch the Patriots. Nacho-ish without chips.