Friday, September 29, 2017

Jingle


Work sample:  wall hanging from Kimberbell's Jingle All the Way.  Definitely fun to do, with little extras, like the layered fabric on the tree, the vinyl on the snow globe, and the fringe on the wreath.

I am lagging behind.  On housecleaning.  On sewing jobs.  On yard work.  On my baby quilts.  All I feel like doing is laying in bed with a book, and I'm not even reading good books.

I did put on a binding for a church baby shower gift yesterday.  Various church folks did the knots.  The quilt has a thicker batting  than I usually use, but the binding turned out well.


Things are kinda sad in Bengals land, they are 3 - 0, but the parents-to-be are Bengals fans and will like their quilt.  Instead of my usual three-part zig zag, I did two lines of straight stitches, like a twin needle effect.  I am not a binding hand sew kind of person.  I like a crisp finish, and I like it done.

No comments: