Monday, December 26, 2011

Presents

It's the day after Christmas and the gifts have been opened, hopefully, so we'll take a peek. The baby quilt, made from a jelly roll, and burp cloths are strictly utilitarian. The quilt was made to go on the floor, in the stroller where it might drag under the wheels, in the yard. Just used. Put in the washer and dryer and used again.



The quilt above was for my sister. My mother put together the blocks from old neckties at least twenty-five years ago. Well, even more, since she's been gone since 1985. (December 18. My dad died on December 19, years later.) My mother decorated the blocks with wonderful hand stitching.




Then she put them in a box, probably not sure about how to put them together. My first attempt was totally unsuccessful, so back in the box they went. Now, with a walking foot and a big plastic ruler for squaring the blocks, I could be happy. I hope my sister was too, I'm waiting impatiently to hear from her.





The quilt was in the box that was misrouted and spent several days in some town in Pennsylvania whose name I can't remember now. And now you know why I was stressing about it.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I love Aunt Cindy's quilt!
Sarah